On April 8. 2017. we are proud to present:
The Confidence Code Conference for Girls and the Women in Their Lives
American City Business Journals will partner with noted journalists Claire Shipman and Katty Kay, authors of "The Confidence Code," to produce the Confidence Code for Girls and the Women in their Lives. Research shows high school girls seem to lose confidence just when they most need it as they prepare to make career choices, leave home and join a larger world community.
This half day program is to help girls rediscover and maintain self-assurance in the company of the women who most care about them, their mothers, aunts, teachers, neighbors and friends. Starting with a welcome from Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh, the day will be filled with presentations and panels featuring experts such as Mika Brzezinski of Morning Joe, BuildaBear CEO Sharon John, leading professors, top executives, women athletes, entrepreneurs and, of course, Katty Kay and Claire Shipman.
Scholarships (for girls tickets) are available to attend this event. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship or becoming a scholarship sponsor please contact Brittany Nicholson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
8:00-8:15am: Introduction and opening remarks
8:15-8:30am: Opening Performance
8:30-9:00am: Opening remarks and an introduction to The Confidence Code
9:00-9:15am: The Confidence Code and Girls: a conversation on how the struggle with confidence many women experience begins when they're growing up.
9:30-10:15am: First set of Breakout Sessions
- Breakout 1: Playing for Confidence: the link between sports and success
- Breakout 2: The Confidence to Create: how women and girls are natural entrepreneurs
- Breakout 3: The Science of Confidence: how women and girls can master the tech revolution
10:15-10:35am: General Session Speaker
10:35-10:55am: General Session Speaker: The confidence to fail, and start over.
11:00am-12:05pm: Second Set of Breakout sessions
- Breakout 1: Sell Yourself
- Breakout 2: Avoid pitfalls and boost confidence with social media
- Breakout 3: Embracing Leadership
12:05-12:25pm: General Session Speaker: Know Your Value
12:30-1:30pm: Wrap Up and conclusion
*event agenda tentative and subject to change
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
- Mika Brzezinski, co-host, Morning Joe
- Katty Kay, Author, The Confidence Code and Womenomics; Lead News Presenter, BBC World News America
- Sharon Price John, CEO of Build-A-Bear
- Catherine Pugh, Mayor of Baltimore
- Claire Shipman, Author, The Confidence Code and Womenomics; Senior National Correspondent, ABC program, Good Morning America
- Rachel Simmons, Author, Odd Girl Out: The Hidden Culture of Aggression in girls
- Susannah Wellford, President & Founder, Running Start
- Casey Bufford, Adjunct Professor, George Mason University
- Michelle Duguid, Associate Professor, Cornell Business School
- Katy Kasmai, Engineering Program Manager, Google; Founder, Team Exponent
- Amanda Miller Littlejohn, Personal Branding Advisor, Miller Littlejohn Media Group, LLC
- Angela Luna, Founder and CEO, ADIFF
- Martina Lynch, Musical Artist
- Carolyn Merrell, Public Policy Manager, Instagram
- Dr. Redonda Miller, CEO, Johns Hopkins Medical Center
- Ijeoma Nwatu Enemanna, Founder & Chief Community Consultant, Ijeoma & Co.
- Debbie Phelps, Director, The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools
- Hillary Sale, Sullivan & Cromwell Visiting Professor at Harvard University and Walter D. Coles Professor of Law and Professor of Management at Washington University in St. Louis
- Dr. Elizabeth Stroble, President, Webster University
- Dr. Liberty Vittert, MIT grad, Asst. Professor and Mitchell Lecturer of Statistics, University of Glasgow
- Aundrea Cline-Thomas, Reporter, NBC10 News
- Lucy Montgomery, Consultant, Accenture Federal Services
- Ingrid Vaughan, Vice President, Manufacturing , Northrop Grumman
Questions? Contact Ellen Sherberg, email@example.com, 314-421-8310